17 July 2007

Get Your Sid


Every shop owner loves it when a new line goes over so well that she actually has to worry about replenishing it as quickly as her customers want it. We are happy to say this is the case with our Sid Dickens Memory Blocks. As many of you have discovered, this is a beautiful, exciting line of handmade, hand-stained decorative plaster tiles. One block makes the perfect gift for the person who has everything. Many blocks comprise a work of art on any wall you want to make especially memorable. You can double click the article above to read the artist's story.

*

Due to overwhelming response, we are now taking Holiday Orders (yes, I said it: Holiday Orders!) for all Sid Dickens blocks, including the new Fall and Holiday 2007 tiles. These new collections have only recently debuted and have received an awesome response. The artist has been inundated with orders, so to ensure you receive the tiles you want to give (and receive!) this holiday season, reserve your tiles at The Blissful now with a 50% deposit. Ship time on active tiles other than the new collections is approximately 6 weeks, so it would be a good idea to pre-order those, as well. To view the active collection, stop in and see our in-store vignette and our color catalog, or visit the artist's own website here. As of the date of this post, the Fall and Holiday collections are not yet online, so please stop into the shop to view photos.

*

The Fall and Holiday collections are gorgeous and not to be missed. Some of the blocks are available in a new finish, which uses the purest form of silver there is. That silver is then aged, giving the blocks an Old World finish beloved by Sid Dickens fans the world over.

*

Please contact us for pricing. We can be reached at the shop at (330) 492-2500 or by e-mail at theblissfulhome@yahoo.com. Pre-holiday ship dates are booking up fast, so place your orders as soon as possible to guarantee delivery in time for gift-giving.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a shop also, and just started carrying Sid Dickens...what a great success so far!! I was just a t the Atlanta market and the new tiles are beautiful! Sue

Abby Kerr Ink said...

Hi, Sue--

So wonderful to hear from you! Isn't Sid Dickens *great*? I am so excited to hear that it's going well for you, too. They truly are little works of art, and in my opinion, well worth the money.

I cannot wait to see the new tiles in person, too.

I hope things are going very, very well at Traditions. :)

--Abby

Anonymous said...

Your shop is gorgeous! Very inspiring. I have a similar sensibility, but am so much smaller, it's hard for me to execute my grand schemes.

Abby Kerr Ink said...

Thanks for the compliment, Michele! I expanded my shop after seven months and moved to a new location, and trust me, there are days when I think downsizing would've been a better option! I'm exaggerating, of course. I wouldn't trade my location here for the world (we've actually contemplated taking *more* space), but there is a real beauty and freedom in staying small until you have *no choice* but to expand. Limited space forces you to really, really hone your look and sell only what sells! This can't be a bad thing. :)