13 February 2007

The Blissful Home Online

Guess WHAT? I have some exciting news that I've been itching to share with all of you, and now is finally the time. After some months of thinking and planning, I've decided to create a website for The Blissful Home! And if all goes smoothly, we will be up and running online in just about a month, honey. I am designing this website with my customers in mind, really thinking about what you might like to see when you visit www.theblissfulhome.com (bookmark that URL for future visits). We will put up lots of photos, perhaps some homestyling tips and techniques, a guestbook you can sign. And the icing on this soon-to-be-baked cake? Online shopping! We will offer a selection of our goods for sale online and get this: we'll be able to ship them anywhere you'd like! How exciting is that??

This website will be my own personal project for the next few weeks. This will be a new adventure for me, having no website design experience to speak of. Fortunately, I'm a fairly quick study when it comes to software, and I have a site creation program that promises to hold my hand every step of the way. Still, I won't publish the site until it at least half resembles what I'm envisioning in my head. (Which probably would cost me $2,500 in design fees.)

And now, I'm inviting your feedback into this new project. You, as a shopper, probably have some fantastic ideas that I haven't thought of. What would YOU like to see on The Blissful Home website? What ideas could you suggest? What online features would enhance your experience of our shop? Please feel free to post a response to this blog. I will carefully and gratefully consider all of your input. As always, thanks for reading and we look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: