Folk artist SweetAnnee has tagged me! "Tagging," for those of you new to the phenomenon (including moi until recently), is when you create a blog post sharing 7 interesting, quirky, or little known facts about yourself, then "tagging"/inviting 3 other bloggers to do the same. I think the idea is for all of us in the blogosphere to get to know each other a little better. I've been tagged before but didn't respond because I was so new to blogging that I felt too timid to ask a blogger I didn't know well to participate with me. I guess a part of us never fully gets over our schoolgirl shyness. In any case, here I go.
Seven Little Known Facts About Me
1. I almost always wear pajamas around the house.
2. My guilty indulgence is reality TV. I am obsessed with watching everyday people in their natural habitats.
3. I have naturally curly hair, but it didn't get that way until I hit puberty. As a little girl, my hair was pin straight. Strange. Wonder what will happen when I have a baby. Back to straight, maybe?
4. Just five years ago, I was in fitness model shape with 13% body fat. I worked very diligently to get into that condition. I would love to attain that level of fitness again. I know I can do it; it's all a matter of committing.
5. My love of homestyling and creating interiors began when I discovered the now-defunct (but rumored to be resurrected soon) Victoria magazine as a pre-teen. At the age of twelve, I would pore over those mags like it was my job. No Teen or Tiger Beat for me, baby.
6. I have two cats. Their names are Skoochie and Schmenckman. Don't ask.
7. In high school, I was an award-winning Speech competitor. My best event was Original Oratory. I wrote my own ten-minute speech about how TV talk shows exploit vulnerable people (see fact #2), then delivered it in three rounds every weekend for a three-month long season.
Have I made myself sound sufficiently kooky?